Community Griefshare Support Group
It may be hard for you to feel optimistic about the future right now. If you’ve lost a spouse, child, family member, or friend, you’ve probably found there are not many people who understand the deep hurt you feel.
This can be a confusing time when you feel isolated and have many questions about things you’ve never faced before. GriefShare groups meet weekly to help you face these challenges and move toward rebuilding your life.
If this is your experience, please consider joining one of our new grief support groups. One group meets on Tuesday at 6 pm at the church (10060 Foothill Drive, Piedmont, SD 57769) and the second group meets on Wednesday at 1 PM at the Piedmont Community Center (16373 N 2nd St, Piedmont, SD 57769). To register, go to www.griefshare.org, click on "Find a Group", and search by zip code.
One participant said: “Going to GriefShare feels like having warm arms wrapped around you when you’re shivering."
Each GriefShare session has three distinct elements:
1) Video seminar with experts - Each week your GriefShare group will watch a video seminar featuring top experts on grief and recovery subjects. These videos are produced in an interesting television magazine format featuring expert interviews, real-life case studies, dramatic reenactments, and on-location video.
2) Support group discussion with focus - After viewing the video, you and the other group members will spend time as a support group, discussing what was presented in that week’s video seminar and what is going on in your lives.
3) Personal study and reflection - During the week you will have the opportunity to use your workbook for further personal study of the grieving process and to help sort out your emotions through journaling. Your group will spend time discussing questions and comments from the workbook study. The suggested cost for the participant workbook is $15. Please call 605-787-4858 to order a personal study book!
1. Is This Normal?
2. Challenges of Grief
3. The Journey of Grief – Part One
4. The Journey of Grief – Part Two
5. Grief and Your Relationships
7. Guilt and Anger
8. Complicating Factors
10. Lessons of Grief – Part One
11. Lessons of Grief – Part Two
13. What Do I Live for Now?